Friday, March 19, 2010

Chicago Blackhawks Rebrand

I spent the second most time on the Blackhawks than i have any other team (behind the flyers). After all they are my favorite two teams. They have also gone through an uncountable number of changes in logos, jerseys, and even colors. I will add those to the blog on a later date. I thought when i first started rebranding the Blackhawk's primary colors should be black. It is in the name. But i was convinced to keep the tradition somewhat and use red. Lots of thought went into these jerseys. I have only 2 color stripes on the sleeves on the home and road. I did this because they need more space for the shoulder logo. On the 3rd jersey, the secondary logo is the crest. So there was nothing on the shoulders and i could add more stripes. The logo is the least traditional part of the whole rebrand. It uses the same shape as the current logo but has a few differences. It looks meaner, more modern, and loses the unnecessary colors. I did the same with the secondary logo. I used the tomahawks crossing the "C" but chagned the colors and made it look more fitting for the team. I will add a comparison to the logos i made and the logos that are currently being used to the facebook page later.




No comments:

Post a Comment