Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Boston Bruins Rebrand

If you are following Icethetics, you would have seen yesterday's post about the team's Winter Classic jersey. I want to avoid the 2010 Winter Classic as much as possible, but I love the Bruins jerseys. I would not have picked them for the Winter Classic, but I love the colors. I am not a fan of black, yellow, and white, but I love the yellow, brown, and white they used for the Winter Classic, so I used those colors. The logo I used is a improved EXlogo the team once had. It used to just be a "B". I added a brown outline and added the "hub" for the primary. The home and away jerseys are pretty simple, but bold at the same time. I think the brown and yellow is a memory of the years when they won the Cup. On the home jersey I used brown on dark brown numbers. I don't like the single color numbers on the back of the jerseys. I think it looks dull and not thought through. I think I did add more texture. The 3rd jersey looks very classic, but is not a jersey they have worn. I love the yellow base color and added white and brown alternating sleeves.


No comments:

Post a Comment