Monday, January 18, 2010

5 3rds

Sorry for the shortage of post over the weekend. I have had a hard time getting to my computer and I'm sorry to say, there is not much to look at tonight. I have a list of 5 teams with my favorite 3rd jerseys in the NHL. I liked them so much i just could not change them. I under stand the lack of creativity but i don't think i could do anything to compare to these jerseys. The 5 jerseys i you see below are from NHLuniforms.com the hockey uniform database. I did not make any of these and i can not thank the web sight enough for the uniforms. All the 3rd jerseys are located in the middle of the home and away uniforms. Enjoy and expect a concept from me tomorrow.

Hawks Coming from Chicago, its hard to not like these uniforms. I like them way better than the old 3rds from last season. I think the old jerseys were just boring to look at. I like how the hawks changed the colors and went in a retro direction from the jerseys used in their winter classic. I also like how they added a tan and red "C tomahawk" on the shoulder. The exmulti colored logo the team used on their other 3rds just looked like a joke.

Pens The Penguins came before the Blackhawks in the winter classic and also used their uniforms for their 3rds. The team doesn't use baby blue or navy blue in their regular uniforms but it makes a nice retro touch as well.

WildThe Wild have my favorite jerseys. They have one of the best logos in hockey as well. They don't have to put the logo on the jersey for it to be my favorite. The green jerseys are also great, the team added a few tones of red and it made the jersey perfect. On the picture i linked you cant see the real effect so here is a better look.

Sharks The sharks have a great logo as well. the 2 logos, the one on the home and away and the one on the 3rds, are not to different. I like them both just as much. The club also has a great color combo. The gold added with the edge uniform switch, added great detail. The 3rds are a modern original look with some dark colors and the laces added on the collar.

Blues The blues also went in a retro direction. The team added elements from the city by adding the arch in the background of the crest. The jersey is also a darker blue than the home jerseys. The team added the regular logos on the shoulders which i think was unneeded but i don't know what i would do with the shoulders.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!



UPDATE-

I found a better picture of the hawks alternate logo!

No comments:

Post a Comment